Friday, August 9, 2013

Manda's Review - The Lonely/The Lost Boy- Tara Brown:



AHHHH I loved these books!!! Loved, loved, loved. Tara Brown blew me away with her writing in both installments if this dark story. I had never read anything like this and it simply blew my mind at the depth of each of the characters feelings and depravity. Emalyn and Eli share this undeniable chemistry even when you don’t know which way the story is going to go, in some insanity of the mind, they all have each other. The depth and the dimensions of both of them came as such a shock to me that I couldn’t stop reading. I opened it and couldn’t stop reading until it was over. Eli is one of those people that you will hate. You will have the urge to kick him back into the dark hole he came out of; on more than one occasion. Little did I know, that everything he does is for the greater good. The good; of finding this lost soul that was burdened with such loss, and guilt, that she lived every day in her lonely head. The 2 of these people make it out of a dire and desperate situation with the help of one another and learn to love not only themselves, but the people around them. They learn and grow from such hell, that you cannot feel anything but a sense of pride when you finally reach the end of their story. This story came highly recommended and I will continue to recommend it. 5 stars hands down! Tara Brown is a genius and I cannot wait to read more of her writing.

--Manda 2chicksandablog

No comments:

Post a Comment