Tuesday, December 17, 2013

***REVIEW*** Seduce by Missy Johnson - Ashley's Review

 
Okay, so I'm kind of torn on this one.  I really liked the characters in this one.  I connected with Belle and Jack, and also the supporting characters.  I guess, my torn stance comes in with the tragedy that takes place.  Not only was I pissed the hell off, I was hurt and broken for a brief minute.
 
I understand why that had to take place in order to get to where the characters go next, and that this is a prequel BUT it doesn't hurt any less.  I really felt like the story was going somewhere and just when the angst picks up, it's snatched from me.
 
I like the writing style of this author but there were a few slight issues that I had.  I didn't understand how the hero of this story was British but very few "British" typical sayings were used, however, I am NOT British or ever even been to England, so I'm no expert.  I've read a few novels where characters were Brits and this didn't feel the same.  Also, there were a few grammatical issues, but not enough to detour me from the actual storyline or frustrate me to where I had to finish reading.  Also, the age difference between the characters was a tad bit distracting.  More so the female character.  I kept getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Finally, the hero was a bit contradictory in his statements.  For example, he would say that he was always in control and in the next breath say this woman steals my control.  If that's the case you're not always in control? 
 
All in all, the book was good; not great but had good merit and a strong story line with amazing character development which is HUGE in my book.  I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series and would like to see what Jack has up his sleeve next.
 
I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment