Wednesday, November 13, 2013

REMY by Katy Evans REVIEW

 
2 Chicks and a Blog - Manda's Review
 
 
Remy- Katy Evans- 5 STARS
Katy, when I asked for more I had NO IDEA that I would be getting the best one of the series so far. I had absolutely no clue that I would be utterly broken when I flipped to the last page and there was no more Remington Tate. I felt gutted and wanted more. Not more heartbreak or drama. Just more, of him. To understand how he was feeling at all of those insane times was eye opening.
Most people don’t realize what it feels like to be manic or bi-polar but I think you did a beautiful job at making the readers know and understand just what it feels like, through the eyes of someone who has a disease like that.  To see what he was going through from the beginning of speedy to the darkest place he has been. To feel the love he shows for Brooke even when he is black. To understand him in such a different light; it was amazing. Every piece of it was spectacular. When you read the first two novels, you understand just how much Brooke wants Remy. Understand how she looks at him and just wants to protect him from not only the world and the underground and the drama, but from himself. In Remy, you see how difficult it is for him to understand why anyone wants him.
 He has never known love, except from his brothers. He sees in Brooke what he should have had his entire life and you see exactly what he thinks of her. Unconditional love. It spreads through him and you can’t help but fall in love with him more and more when he falls more and more in love with her. Brooke was strong for him when he couldn’t be strong for himself, and he saw it. He felt it and he deserved it. When she left, you felt his hurt and when he went back for her you felt it in your heart what he wanted more than anything. His Brooke. This is by far my favorite of the series, by far my favorite couple. Because  they aren’t the ordinary couple. Remy calling her firecracker is right. She would light someone on fire for him and because of him, Brooke calling Remy a lion is absolutely right. He hunts, he mates, he loves and he keeps and he protects.
And sweet Jesus the sex from his point of view is incredible. Hot, insane, crazy, mating, pure animal mating. Hands down.
And the music for each other, seriously I couldn’t get enough. I am a firm believer in the saying “when words fail; music speaks”…. And in this book, it does. Every time.
“Don’t let her see”—You feel it with him, from his eyes, you feel every fear.
His story from his eyes has ruined books for me for a few days because all I want to do is read Remy over and over again.  I give this book 5,6,7,8,9,10 stars. I will recommend it and read it again and again.
**Thank you Katy Evans for being brilliant and showing us love comes in all ways from: sickness, health, blue, black, speedy or depressed. All they needed was to find the right beat to the song of their own love and they flowed beautifully together from that point on…… **
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment