Friday, July 19, 2013

***SPOTLIGHT***

Take Me Out
By Danielle Elwood

So we have a spotlight interview this afternoon!!!  It's going to be amazing!!  Before we get to the spotlight here's a little teaser pic from Danielle's book Take Me Out

Playlist is on Spotify as "Take Me Out playlist" as well as on Playlist.com : http://pl.st/playlist/23903161611

On to the interview!!!


What sparked your interest in becoming a romance writer?   I am a complete romance novel junkie. I love everything about them, and for the longest time I found myself able to really call the twists and turns in a lot of books. I figured, why not give it a try? I love to write so just go for it!

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you? HA!  Some may find it this completely cliché but it was Fifty Shades of Grey.  I think that book left a complete impression on everyone who read it. Good or bad.


Tell us 5 surprising things about yourself.

1)      I am only 4' 10” tall.
2)      I had three children in less than four years.
3)      I have a ton of tattoos (one full sleeve, and then some)
4)      I have an addiction to Sweet Tea
 I could never live without my childhood teddy bear. (Whom I still sleep with)

What is your writing environment. Anyplace that is quiet. It could be Starbucks, my living room, bedroom... I really adapt as long as I don't have children screaming in my ear.


One of your favorite quotes

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.   - Steve Jobs

Do you have a website recommendation for other writers? I haven't come across any great author resources, yet. But would love to see what others enjoy!


Who is your perfect hero? And why? Perfect Hero? That is such a hard question. I think I would say Maya Angelou since she is such an inspirational pioneer in writing.


Which authors have caught your interest lately? Why? Lately I am loving Toni Aleo. The entire Assassin's series is amazing. As a hockey lover, I just fell in love with all the storylines.


What type of book have you always wanted to write?  An erotic novel. I don't know if I could bring myself to do it, but I hope to give it a try some day.


Who are your dream dinner party guests?  Marilyn Monroe, Johnny Cash, and Martin Luther King Jr.  Oh, and my grandparents on my father's side of our family since I never got an opportunity to meet them.


What’s the last movie you watched and loved? Monsters University. I am such a sucker for Disney!


Most _____________ in high school. (popular, nerdy, sporty…) Why?  Most likely to fail. I had a rough time when I was in high school, and often found myself on the outskirts of everyone. 

Top three things on your bucket list.  Travel to Europe, Get braces, and adopt.


How did you get the idea for this particular novel? Honestly, I was thinking about an amazing love story. Right after I finished one of the many I have read. I thought about the perfect meeting, and how I would want to be woo'ed.  While Take Me Out isn't a perfect love, it is one of the closest based to reality.


What is your favorite scene in your new release? I would have to say the scene where Bentley and Charlotte meet. It truly sets the tone for the entire novel.


If you could be one of your characters - Who would you be? And why? Jake!  He is certain of himself, plus I always want to slap Charlotte and Bentley around.


Flirting Questions 
Which actor or book character do you have a crush on?  Oh Jeez! Book crushes? Christian Grey, Travis Maddox, and Jesse Ward.  As for celebrity crushes Carey Hart, Adam Levine... oh there are just way too many to name!


What’s your favorite body part of the opposite sex? Eyes!

What does love feel like? I don't think love is a feeling we can ever accurately depict with words. The feeling is something so once in a lifetime that there is nothing in the English language to describe the feeling.

Hey, baby! What’s your sign? Cancer!

When was your last kiss? About five minutes ago, from a beautiful two year old little girl. 

What’s an absolute no-no in a relationship? Cheating. The cardinal sin!  

How did you meet your significant other? We met in high school. 

What’s your idea of a perfect date? Anything that involves the beach. Dinner on the beach, drinks on the beach, dancing in the moonlight on the beach. I am beach obsessed!

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be? It would probably be to London or Paris. Something about those European cities just scream romance to me. 

Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely.

Flirting Quickies: 


Boxers or Briefs?  Neither. Boxer Briefs are the way to go. Not too loose, just right.

Facial hair or clean shaven? Clean shaven.

Alpha or Beta?  Alpha!

Planner or Panster? Panster!


White wine or red? White

Coffee or tea? Coffee

Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate

Sweet or salty? Sweet

Sleep in or get up early? Sleep in all the way!

Laptop or desktop? Laptop

Beach or mountains? Beach!

Winter or summer? Summer

Cat or dog? Both!

Twilight or Fifty Shades? Fifty Shades

Spotlight or In the Shadows? Spotlight

City or Country? Country

Clubbing or candlelight dinner? Candlelight dinner

Backpacking or luxury hotel? Luxury Hotel

Morning or night person? Night

Christmas or Halloween? Christmas

Optimist or pessimist? Optimist!



“You know,” he said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.  “You really shouldn't do something like that when I am around.  I can't control myself around you Charlotte.” His lips met my neck and I melted under his touch.  I had missed this; I had missed him.  I had missed everything about our relationship over the last month, but I had been too stubborn to give in.  I knew once I saw him, I wouldn't be able to resist him.




DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT DANIELLE AT:


No comments:

Post a Comment