Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rock and Roll Never Forgets - A Once in a Lifetime Gift

Barbara Stewart .... WOW .. That's where I have to begin.  Let me just say I started reading this book at 11PM this evening and just finished at about 330AM.  I couldn't stop.  I couldn't wait until tomorrow.  I couldn't even check my phone for calls or texts.  For the last 4.5 hours you have consumed my life.

THANK YOU! 

Rock and Roll Never Forgets is the life long love story of Bethy who's "just a girl" and Andy, our resident Rock God.  A concert in 1978 changed the path of Bethy's life and embarked on a lifelong journey of love, loss, love again, more loss, and finally gut wrenching heart melting love. 

Bethy was so beautifully written.  Her emotions came to life in every paragraph and every quotation.  I felt her highs and her lows.  I felt her pain and anguish.  I felt the love for her most cherished family and friends. 

Andy was magnificent.  This is the kind of man every woman wants (for the most part).  He is a natural heart breaker but at the end of the day, when you're at your lowest, he's there just to hold you and give you his unconditional love.

I have read hundreds of books over the years.  I have been able to experience the emotions an author wants to convey through their characters.  Let me tell you, at this current point in time, 20 minutes after finishing this book, I am having a hard time even focusing on my keyboard to type this review.

I am shredded.  My heart is broken.  I'm overjoyed with the love and compassion shown in this book.  I feel it all and the mascara, that I forgot to wash off earlier, streaming down my face shows it. 

I had the privilege of a fellow book lover share this book with me and I am so grateful to her for that.  This book was life changing.  I don't know if I have ever felt this type of emotion for a book.  Hell, I don't know if I have ever felt this type of emotion in a movie, play, television show or anything outside of my actual real life experiences.

I had to get this review out while the tears were still fresh.  I didn't want to even consider forgetting one aspect of this book.  I wanted this review to come out as I feel it, right now.

2 Chicks and a Blog give this book a raving 5 stars.  If I could give it 6 I would in a heart beat. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B14PNAG/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img - Purchase on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment